I mentioned in my interview that one of the most useful things when learning to write is to have someone who knows what makes writing worth reading and who can write well go over your work with you (starts about 1.45m in).
I’ve also shared some of my critiquing methods on line in Writers’ Groups – Critiques and So I gave myself an exercise (eating my own dogfood)….
Several people have contacted me since that interview to ask if I would do a critique of their work. Several of the authors I’ve interviewed in the Author Interview Plunge (forty-four have been interviewed so far, only posted five so far) have asked if I’d critique their work.
Okay. I get it. I’m good at critiquing.
Would you like me to critique some of your work?
Happy to do so…for a price, of course, and there are some rules and restrictions.
- Don’t have five pages to submit? No problem, put two or more stories into the single submission.
- I’m not the final arbiter of your work. You are. Don’t like what my critique? No problem, take your work elsewhere. Note: Your payment is non-refundable even if you don’t like my critique.
- I’m neither agent nor publisher, nor does working with me ensure publication.
- My end goal is to teach you enough so that you’ll a) not need me any more or b) be able to confidently go on to someone more capable than I (and let me know who they are. I might need help, too!).
- Should I look at your work and believe I’m not going to be helpful, I’ll let you know and refund your payment.
- Online critique sessions are one (1) hr long. We may run longer. Don’t count on it.
- Material submitted for critique can take 3-10 days to complete. I’ll keep you posted should I need more time.
Fill in the form below and we’ll get started.